Thick as a Brick is the fifth studio album by the English progressive rock band Jethro Tull. Released in 1972, the album includes only one song, the title track, which spans the entire album. Thick as a Brick was deliberately crafted in the style of a concept album (and as a “bombastic” and “over the top” parody). The original packaging, designed like a newspaper (See Left), claims the album to be a musical adaptation of an epic poem by a (fictional) 8-year-old boy, though the lyrics were actually written by the band’s frontman, Ian Anderson.
For more Click Here
- Classic Music Reviews: Stand Up by Jethro Tull (ringingtrue.net)
- Jethro Tull (derbaerenaufbinder.wordpress.com)
- *presale* Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson at Beacon Theatre (socialeyesnyc.com)
- Ian Anderson to Bring His Thick As a Brick Tour to the Legendary Royal Albert Hall (folking.wordpress.com)
- Ian Anderson To Recreate 1972 Gig (contactmusic.com)